Create a New Outlook Profile
Your Outlook Profile is a critical part of your Outlook experience. Your profile is a local file on your computer that stores your account settings, data files and specifies how your Office 365 related data is saved.
There are situations in which your profile can get corrupt or have other data integrity issues. This can sometimes be as obvious as Outlook not being able to launch or having other subtle issues such as searches not working consistently or other Outlook issues.
Creating a new profile usually fixes most issues and your Office 365 data is not lost as its stored in the cloud and will be downloaded after creating your new Outlook profile.
These instructions are for Windows 10, if you have not upgraded to Windows 10 please review this article.
1. Access the control panel by pressing the Windows Key + R and entering "control panel" and enter as shown below.
2. The Control Panel Application will open and then enter "mail" in the search box and show below and click Mail (Microsoft Outlook) and then Show Profiles
3. Enter a new profile name by clicking the Add button and click OK
4. Depending on your setup you will need to enter your Display Name, Email Address and may need to provide your Email password. Do not click Manual Setup. After you entered the information click Next
5. After you successfully connect to Office 365 you will see the following window and Outlook will open and you can click Finish
6. Select to use the new profile. After your new profile loads and Outlook works properly you can always go back to delete other profile but its not required.
Not Currently Using Office 365?
If already using Office 365 learn about our security and backup promotions for Office 365 customers.
How To Send Encrypted Emails
Email is still the most important business communications tool and the leading attack vector for security breaches. Cisco Registered Envelope Service (CRES) offers a cloud email encryption solution that provides enhanced security and reliable ...
Webex Calling Star Codes
Webex Calling Star Codes Star codes are shortcuts to perform common phone workflow actions access from the * key + code + (usually an extension or number) from your phone keypad. Most of these features can also be accessed from the phone soft keys. ...
Office 365 Mobile Applications
Office 365 includes many business applications and services that are accessible by a Microsoft subscription. These commonly include Exchange Online and Office Suite of applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint). The most common mobile ...
How to Find Your Computer Name
Your computer name is often needed by support to help resolve your issue. If asked for your computer name, this is how you can find your computer name. These instructions are for Windows 10, if you have not upgraded to Windows 10 please review ...
Windows 7 End of Life
Support for Windows 7 ends in January 2020 After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs with Windows 7. Upgrade to Windows 10 now to keep your employees productive and secure. If you continue to use ...